Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pen & Ink

One of my favorite things to do when I can find the time is to sketch on paper either with pencil or ink.  There is something about the simplicity of form that I find relaxing.





 Sometimes I sketch things that I see in front of me...


 but more often, they are things that I imagine in my mind.  Many of them are illustrations of abstract or concrete ideas.
I like other artistic media as well, but painting can be messy and time consuming.  Photography may show too much detail.  Pastel chalks may not be crisp enough, but a few strokes of the pen may capture the idea quickly and accurately.

The floral brush and ink image on the right side of the blog has two chinese characters: "tien how" which mean "God is good"  I like the pictoral nature of the characters.  God is represented as supreme - above the mountains.  Good is represented as a mother holding her child.

In all my art and life I want to convey that God is good, and that He is supreme.  He is the one who gave us the ability to see and ponder the world around us, and ultimately to seek and find Him.  With a stroke of His pen we are written into the book of life when we accept His loving plan through Christ.  May this be so for you.


1 comment:

  1. The drawings are great! It doesn't surprise me that you are also a fine guitarist and song writer. Do you post your blog link to your FaceBook page? More people would see it then...

    ReplyDelete